Bolo Stick Door Barricade Installation Steps
- STEP 1 (IN-SWING DOOR): On the interior side of the closed door, center the Safety Block (B) beneath the door handle with the bottom edge resting 2" above the door bottom and parallel to the floor surface. Ensure that the key ring of the Safety Pin (A) will rest on Safety Block (B) when inserted allowing for 1 1/2" depth into Safety Anchor (C). Mark holes. (Mounting height may vary depending on the door gap.)
- STEP 1 (OUT-SWING DOOR): On the interior side of the door, center the Safety Block beneath the door handle with the bottom edge one inch above the bottom of the door and parallel to the floor surface. Mark holes.
- STEP 2: Center 3/8” drill bit on the marks and drill the holes through the door. Make sure the holes are all the way through the door and clear of debris.
- STEP 3: Insert the Security Screws through the door's exterior and thread them tightly into the Safety Block on the interior side of the door.
- STEP 4: Close the door and center the Safety Pin into the Safety Block. Gently tap on the Safety Pin with a hammer to mark the floor surface. Remove the Safety Pin.
- STEP 5: Open the door and center a 7/8" drill bit on the mark. Drill to a depth of 1.5 inches. Remove debris from the hole and the surrounding area.
- STEP 6: Close the door and insert the Safety Pin into the Safety Anchor to ensure the hole and the Safety Anchor line up. Follow these instructions if the Safety Block and the hole do not line up.
- STEP 7: Open the door and insert the Safety Anchor into the hole, ensuring that the top of the Safety Anchor is flush with the floor's surface. The Safety Anchor mustn't protrude from the floor surface.
- STEP 8: Close the door and insert the Safety Pin into the Safety Block and Safety Anchor. The Safety Pin must be able to move freely in and out of the Safety Block and Safety Anchor without friction or binding.